Save Nature: Wildfire! Edition
Turn the land completely green by sending clouds to put the fire out!
Fire spreads across the land, burning the vegetation until only ash remains. Create clouds and blow them over the land to stop fires and restore the greenery.
You win if you can turn all the land tiles green! You lose if all the land tiles turn grey.
- Click and hold on a empty green or yellow tile to create a cloud
- Creating your first cloud will start the game
- Click and swipe a cloud to move it to an adjacent tile
- Careful! You can also click and swipe fires to spread them
- Move clouds over fires to put them all out
- Move clouds over yellow and grey tiles to turn them all green
- Clouds over fires will put them out over time
- Clouds over grey or yellow tiles will turn them green over time
- Clouds will eventually shrink and disappear
- Water is required to make clouds! Green tiles produce water
- Small fires will grow and then set adjacent tiles on fire
- Fires over yellow tiles will turn them grey over time
This game was made for the Spring into Summer Sok Jam 2022 to be made in the style of Sokpop. We were given a whole month to do it and I procrastinated until the deadline and then made this in 12 hours. Now I sleep.
The theme was "Save Nature/Protect the Planet!" Many wildfires are human caused. Please be safe in the coming season!
Solo game dev/art: mango
BGM from peritune.com
SFX from kenney.nl
|Tags||2D, Fast-Paced, Indie, Minimalist, Pixel Art, Real-Time, Short, Singleplayer, Unity|
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Good job :O I really like the concept of this, my only feedback that you could apply to this game or future games is adding more juice (like swiping the cloud is fast, and when it goes to the next tile there is a screen shake with a thud sound)
That's great feedback thank you! I was rushing to add "juice" as the last thing as the deadline was approaching and I agree it would feel a lot better if I had prioritized it more. For sure will keep that in mind for next time!
This is a pretty nice game, though I'm never able to win lol
It seems like a game sokpop would make, good job!
Thank you!! Sokpop is so inspiring honestly and I'm honoured for the comparison!
It didn't end up easy to play! There's only one difficulty (which varies slightly with the fire rng at the beginning) but it would definitely be improved with a difficulty curve or selection in a menu. If I ever update it, I'd also tighten the controls and responsiveness a bit which might also help the difficulty
Interesting concept with fun music and vibrant colors. I enjoyed this short little game very much. Good job on your great submission!
Thank you very much! The praise is very appreciated and I'm glad you enjoyed it!